Thursday, April 26, 2012

Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week - Amman



After going to Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week - Amman yesterday I realized how underestimating we were of our country's potential in designers, talents & event management skills. The event was out of this world. Local & international models floated on the runway in their beautiful Shatha Dabbas dresses, gave us a sharp look in the twisted Nut & Ptah, & definitely blew us away with a more traditional show by Hama Hinnawi and another one by the one & only Hana Sadiq.

Shatha Dabbas 
This picture doesn't do the dress justice to be honest. The other side is a black lace piece. Yes, you heard that right, black see-through lace. Ask Shatha about the dress when you visit the exhibition. She's wonderful!

Hama Hinnawi
I always had a thing for Keffiyeh usage in designs. So original yet stylish. Another red one was on the runway too but that deserves a separate post.

Hana Sadiq
 Yellow is inevitable, the moment that dress made its way onto the runway I started thinking about my coming Henna occasion. Such vibrant colors.

Nut & Ptah
 Where do I start with Nut & Ptah? The mirror corset or the braided one? Let alone the beautiful tails of each dress. Again vibrant yet sexy colors.

I can see real potential in these designers bringing together the trendy yet creative addition to the international fashion scene. Once these designers are noticed, & with our support of course, they will be selling in top department stores. Personally I considered buying many of the items I saw on the runway & in the exhibition. Unique pieces that won't be found in regular stores.

From Martin Grant's Finale 
"J Walking in Style" choice of colors for those pretty tops is incredible. I suggest you hurry up & grab yours since it's not your regular find. I'm going to keep this short. Enjoy the photos everyone. Support local designers and try to get invitation to Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week - Amman. It's very crucial that you do.

Stay tuned, more posts to come!

3 comments:

  1. I am аctually thankful tо the holder of thіs website who has shared thіs fantastic
    post аt here.

    Feel free tto surf tο mу webpage; Continued

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hellߋ would yoս mind sharing ԝhich blog platform ƴou're սsing?
    I'm planning tօ start my own blog in the near future but ӏ'm having a difficult time choosing
    ƅetween BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution аnd Drupal.
    The reason I ask іs bесause yߋur layout seеms different then most blogs and I'm lookіng
    for something completely unique. P.S Ϻy apologies fօr being off-topic ƅut I had to aѕk!


    Also visit my webpage news

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello dear.. I'm using blogspot.. it's really easy to use and allows u to add so many features and widgets.

      Have fun

      Delete